I wanted to make some stuff for my not yet born nephew. So.... I went to my favorite store, Joann's. I found the blue dotted fabric and went from there. Originally, I had the blue, brown, and white solids. THEN I saw the monkey fabric and had to add that. I thought there was too much blue so I added in the green. I used dark green binding for the edges and used dark brown pearlized cotton thread to tie it. After all the stuff was bought, washed, and cut out, I asked my sister what the "theme" of his room would be. Just my luck she said.... "monkeys, and earth tones." NAILED IT! I love how it turned out. I cut EVERY SINGLE ONE of those trapezoids (tumblers in the quilt world, apparently) by hand. I made a template from an old transparent binder cover and then used that to cut them with my rotary cutter. They're wonky and not all square, so the lines and corners didn't PERFECTLY line up. It's handmade so it's not going to be perfect. I think my projects turned out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself! :)
The front of Brayden's quilt.
The back of Brayden's quilt.
I had LOTS of left over flannel and no desire to store it all.
So... I whipped up a few more things for him.
The front of Brayden's taggie. All the ribbon is from my stash!
The back of Brayden's taggie.
Trio of burp cloths. I used left over quilt binding to make the loops on these.
Reverse of the burp cloths.
I hope my sister in law loves these. I had a great time making them.