Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mason's Cowboy Quilt

My friend Leslie had a little boy, Mason, on Dec.27. As soon as I found out she was pregnant, I started on this quilt. I asked what her dream nursery was and she said cowboy/cowgirl. Then when she found out she was having a boy I was able to get it all pulled together. It's been done for quite a while but I didn't want to share it just in case she wandered here and saw it before she got it. I'm so excited to FINALLY get to share this quilt I made for him. Here's Mason's "cowboy quilt". All the squares were hand done by me. The shapes were cut on my (and a friends) cricut to make a template and then I hand cut everything after ironing steam a seam to the back. All the sewing was done with my Emerald 118 machine.

"Howdy" block

Cowboy Hat block

Spur block

Bucking bronco block

Howling coyote block

Brown boot block

Roping glove block

Lucky horse shoe block

Stage coach block

Saddle block

Ladies boot block

Cow block

Rail fence block

Cowboy hat block

Horse block

Red barn block

A sheriff star in each corner

Mason's Cowboy Quilt

The back is done with the boot flannel that is in the coyote square. I tied it at the corners with brown pearlized thread. I hope she loves it as much as I do. I had a GREAT time making this quilt!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love it! It's spectacular, and is perfect for my little buckaroo!!!

Holly Young said...

oh my gosh! you're blogging again! I love the quilt,,,,so cute!