Friday, January 25, 2013

I might have a slight Pinterest addiction

I've been making crafty projects like crazy.  Pinterest is a BAD thing!  Seriously, there are so many fun crafty ideas and projects on there that I could do a project a day and still have tons left to do after a year.  I have over 200 pins on my crafty stuff board ALONE!  My sewing board has at least as many!

Here are some of my things I've been making.   I've tried to include the sites they're from if I can find them.

The lunch box from here inspired me to make these.  I filled each one with 3 sets of magnetic letters and a set of numbers.  One was for Ally and the other for my niece.  MANY layers of Mod Podge.  I added Martha Stewart ultra fine silver glitter to glossy Mod Podge to get the glitter effect.  LOVE how they turned out!


This is my Playroom Rules board that I first saw here.  I was originally planning on using a fun bright animal print fabric that my sister gave me when she was cleaning out her fabric stash.  HOWEVER, fabric Mod Podge and I are NOT friends.  It didn't stick to the canvas all the way and was all bubbly and just didn't look good.  THEN when I put the letters on it to see how they looked, it was REALLY hard to see the letters.  Apparently busy fabric doesn't work for putting letters over.  Oops.  I pulled the fabric off the canvas because I wasn't about to go spend money for ANOTHER canvas.  It tore off some of the gesso and I had to add some to try and make it a bit smoother.  It ended up looking like a textured wall.  Oh well.  Back to the drawing board.  I decided to paint stripes with acrylic paint and then since it was so "boring" I made MORE of the glittery Mod Podge with more of my Martha ultra fine silver glitter LOADED into it.  I stamped the swirls with a foam stamp and the dots (after going thru everything round I could find trying to find the "perfect dot") are my finger tip dipped in the Mod Podge mix.  The letters were put on and then 3 layers of Mod Podge were added.  It was finally done after a damn WEEK!

These are some of the MANY MANY hats I've been making from Fleece Fun.  They're so much fun to make.  I made Ally, hubby and I monkey hats.  I made Brobee hats of my own design using the basic hat pattern for Ally and my nephew.  I made bunny hats for Ally and 2 of her cousins.  I made polar bear hats for Ally, my nephew, and his soon to be born sibling.  The puppy hats were for my nephew and his soon to be born sibling.  I made a dragon hat for myself from lots of scraps for the horns.  The raiders hats were my own design too from the basic hat and the horns.



I'm sure there's more stuff but for some reason I can't find pictures of it all.  I'll add another post after I go back and take pictures of the rest of the stuff.

Remember, Pinterest is BAD!  :)

No comments: