Saturday, March 20, 2010

6 years

I got married 6 years ago today. It seems like it hasn't been that long but I can't really remember what life was like "before Greg". Seems like we've always been together. Nothing much has changed but yet EVERYTHING has changed. We've built 3 houses, moved twice, had to put a kitty down, still have one kitty. We've gone on lots of adventures and have found new hobbies. If you had asked me 12 years ago (yep, we've been together that long) where I'd be in 2010 I would have answered that I'd be single most likely, living at the beach playing in the waves. Now, I'm glad that I don't live at the beach and play in the waves all the time. I enjoy doing that but if I didn't have my best friend with me it wouldn't be worth it! And since we don't live at the beach, when we go it's that much more special. For those of you who have known me for a long time, you know that my hubby and I met when we were in school in Monterey. We tried to find a place to buy out at the coast. It wasn't happening. Stuff was just TOO expensive. Well, we sucked it up and moved back to the small town california that he grew up in. It is here that we have made our lives. My inlaws are successful business owners in the area and hubby worked with his mom and dad for many years until the construction and real estate market crashed. Hubby then decided to go back to school to get a cooking degree. Yep, he's my chef! It's something he loves and rather than sit at home and do nothing while being unemployed, he's gone back to school. I love the fact that he cooks for me. He gets frustrated that I don't "like" all the stuff he cooks and I have to remind him that he cooks for the love of cooking and that if I try what he makes and don't like it, I am a big girl and I can make my own dinner. :) I've had my teaching job for 10 years now. Same school, same district, pretty much same grade. It's good. I enjoy our life and look forward to many many more years together! :)

4 comments:

Jenster said...

It sounds like a good life, Tiff! That makes me happy. (I always thought I'd be living at the beach, too. HA!)

DUDE! My word verification word is "cysts". I kid you not!

Erika said...

Happy anniversary!! Hope you have a special dY together to celebrate! We hope to live on the water too someday! Lucky you to have a chef as a husband! :)

Unknown said...

happy anniversary! my fiance and i will be celebrating out tenth anniversary this october. i can't remember what life was before him either.

pamala said...

Wishing you lots more years of happily ever after!
Thanks for posting on my blog during the Zutter Zisters Blog Hop. :)